The campaign will operate on the following principles:
- Fossil Fuel use needs to be significantly reduced. Small incremental changes alone are not enough.
- The campaign will focus on existing technologies that allow communities to go fossil fuel free. We don’t have to wait for new miracle technologies.
- The campaign recognizes that the most realistic approach is to focus on both technologies and behavioural changes. Technology alone is not going to save us.
- The campaign recognizes that although the 100% target may be difficult for most people a 80-90% reduction is realistic for many.
- The campaign acknowledges that some of the changes will be difficult and expense for individuals to make on their own. There needs to systematic and infrastructure changes. The campaign seeks to influence governments and society as a whole as well as individuals.